Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day before surgery

So, it's pretty much here. I guess the need to have some control over my environment is pretty well peaked and hopefully will be satisfied for a time, as I will have little enough of that in the next few weeks!

Last night was a treat: Doug, Sarah and I went to see "Bring it On: the Musical", which is a new production at the Alliance Theatre. It was fabulous and so much fun! What a great "last hurrah" for a while! :)

Feet before surgery. The right one is the "target" for tomorrow.

My right ankle before surgery.  Wow, the perspective makes my calf look HUGE!

I hope to remember to take the camera with me to the surgery center tomorrow to kind of document the thing. No gross pics...Doug would pass out. Unless I can get the doc to take some, which (in my opinion) would be pretty cool...

Yesterday I went and had a lovely pedicure and manicure. I kept thinking I wished I could somehow capture the sensation of having that wonderful stuff on my skin, followed by the warm damp towel and the massage of my foot. That felt wonderful!! No polish allowed, of course. They said I could come back and they would work on my left foot and then paint the toenails on both feet...that will be much later.

I had a meeting for work yesterday afternoon and then spent today implementing the plans we discussed yesterday. I surely do hope I got all of it in...I think I did. Also got home financial stuff organized, bills paid, filed and such. Washed up all the dirty clothes and put them away. Did last minute grocery shopping. Collected books and work materials and movies for a basket which is beside the recliner where I expect to spend much of my days so I have stuff to do.

We are off to dinner and then rehearsals in a bit. I hope I sleep tonight at least a little. Up early, though!!

1 comment: