Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What a day!

So, it's been another couple of days since I wrote here. It's Tuesday and last I wrote was Sunday morning!

Sunday afternoon was indeed fun as Jack and Patty along with Ben and Jenn and Jackson came over and we had delicious homemade enchiladas for lunch! Later, after the kids left, Jack and Patty and Doug and I decided to go on a "grandparents" mission to purchase Jackson's birthday gift at Costco: a big old play structure! It will be so much fun to build and for him to use, I am sure. It was a beautiful day and we took the mini with the top down...I just propped my leg up on the dash. Wonderful!

Yesterday was Valentine's day and, according to our traditions going on 30-plus years, I was determined to make a red velvet cake for Doug. This I did, along with running a couple loads of laundry and folding some of it. I was pretty tired and a bit sore after but everything turned out nicely.

Today Marshall and little Gracie came for a visit in the morning and I then spent the rest of the day doing planning and development for work. Got a lot done, but there are some scheduling issues that have several of us quite stressed out. I am convinced that things will eventually work out, but I hate seeing others stressed out over someone else's failure to do their job properly. You just have to trust that all will be resolved to the good in the end, but that is much, much easier said than done when it's your own responsibility!

I have decided that I am going to go in tomorrow night to lead rehearsals. I am soooo excited to see everyone! I did not want to wait until Doug was gone next week for my first time back. This way he can help me get physically situated and I think that will make next week much easier. I almost have everything done for the service on Sunday already, and all the info sent in for the bulletin, so that should be fine. I may try to attend the 11:00 service on Sunday, but not lead it. I miss everyone so much!

All in all, recovery is going well. Pain is very managable...more discomfort associated with swelling and feeling that against the splint and dressing. There have been a few "twinges" today and last night, but nothing awful. All in all, I think my knee is more uncomfortable right now than my ankle. Of course, my ankle is well-protected and stable, and my knee probably is getting more stress because of the weight of the splint and dressing....

No comments:

Post a Comment