Sunday, January 30, 2011

what a great day!

So today was the last Sunday for a while where I will be able to lead music and participate in the Praise Team. I figure it will be at least 3 Sundays before I will be able to walk up and down stairs without being too disruptive, and also able to stand or sit with my leg down for any length of time.  It was  a fabulous day, though. BEAUTIFUL early spring-like weather, great worship, wonderful people. I got to drive my car with the top down, got to lead one of my very favorite worship songs (HALLELUJAH, ANYHOW!!), and to hear the Youth Choir in rehearsal. I have lots of movie clips downloaded on my computer just waiting to be converted to MP4 and edited into some projects for dinner theatre. 

I found a really great post on a discussion site which was all about coping strategies for being non-weightbearing after foot surgery.  Here is the link to that post, hopefully:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=737812

Another thing I hope to do is to take some pictures of my foot/let along the way. Gotta pass the time some how, right??

Lots to do in the three days before surgery:

-grocery shopping to stock up on things that Doug can cook
-washing sheets on all the beds
-spiffy up the house
-make sure the people taking my rehearsals have all they need
-get a PEDICURE
-staff meeting on Tuesday
-get info on the computer at church for next two Sundays (as much as possible)
-Doug and I need to figure out the best car for me to be able to get into after surgery to come home (need to be able to have leg up)


Oh, and Doug, Sarah and I are going to see a show at the Alliance on Tuesday. That should be fun! One more time to wear those boots....



No comments:

Post a Comment