Monday, February 7, 2011

First Monday post-surgery

Got through the day with only taking some advil at around 6:30 this morning, and have not experienced much discomfort at all. Just late today had some throbbing in my knee and foot, but have been elevating and icing it since and it feels better. I have not decided yet whether I will take anything tonight.

I managed to get a first run done of a slideshow for work and some worship planning/communications done for this week at church. Had an unexpected visit from my daughter, and it was wonderful to be able to spend time with her talking and relaxing and watching a movie.

It was kind of funny this evening, after Doug came down from work and went to the workshop for a while, the doorbell rang. He came up and it was some great friends bringing a delicious dinner and a beautiful plant. I think he had gotten some things confused and did not think anyone was bringing dinner, but it worked out perfectly. PLUS we had a nice visit with them.

Doug is working some more downstairs and I am watching lame TV and trying not to get antsy. But I would be doing the same thing even if I could walk right now, probably. Tomorrow's big adventure is hopefully to shower and wash my hair. That will feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment