Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three weeks post-surgery

Well, my week with Doug gone is almost over and things have gone really well, all things considering. Thanks goodness the doc did not require me to be NWB this week! That would have been really, really hard.

As it is, I have not had to make my own dinner a single night! I am so blessed to have friends and family!

I have been up and walking a good bit and always afterwards I feel pretty uncomfortable. Everything from the knee feeling stiff and sore to numb/tingling foot to pain in the ankle and shin. One night a couple of nights ago, I woke up to terrible itching under the cast, and I think there was some swelling. I ended up putting the ice pack over the cast to cool things down, which did the trick and I was finally able to sleep again.

Last night I did go to church and lead rehearsals and I was really, really tired and sore after. No long term ill-effect, though, as I slept really well last night (with one pain pill). I plan to lead on Sunday as usual, which means a lot of time on my feet, but I think it will be fine....

Recovery is going way better than I had feared, and at most the pain level gets up to maybe a 6. Usually it's very low to negligible....

No comments:

Post a Comment