Saturday, February 5, 2011

second post-op day

So, this is indeed really getting uncomfortable at times. Nights are the worst because lying on my back in one position all night kills it (my back , that is) . So I finally decided I could cheat enough with the big body pillow between my legs and having my R leg on top, of course. So I got a bit more sleep that way.

I think what I crave most of all is distraction! I have worked some on a movie project and also my daughter and her boy friend came by for a while to see me this morning. Great friends have brought dinner both nights.

The ankle itself feels pretty swollen and hurts on and off pretty badly. At times I feel as if I am holding my leg in an awkward position, and in reality it's just sitting there on the pillows. I am taking one of the two possible pain pills at 4 hour intervals (not 6) and saving the nausea meds for nights (and I do get kind of queazy at night). So far it's all manageable. Doug is currently out at the store getting wood or something, and when he gets back the bandages are coming off of my knee and I hope to try to take a shower with my shower cover over the lower leg wrap. So, that will be my big adventure for the day.

Moving on down this road!

edited to add: later that day my other kids also came to visit! So that made the day go much faster and be much better. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment