Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super bowl Sunday...day 3 post-op

My grandson giving me my crutch...
Awoke with a bit of a headache and feeling woozy, so took a pain pill and the anti-nausea meds at around 6 and then slept a couple more hours. Doug went to church to run sound and I stayed and worked on videos and slept some. After he got home and we ate lunch, I took a shower! The first trial with the dry-cast pro was successful, though I think it will be less uncomfortable when my knee is less swollen and sore. It did perform as advertised, with all the air vacuumed out it clung tightly to my bandage and kept things dry (see the first two pics).

Dear friends brought food and stayed for a visit, and then later on Jenn and Jackson and then Ben came to fix "football food" and watch the super bowl. Jackson was very intrigued by my crutches and did try to get me to get up off the couch a couple of times, but never seemed upset or anything. He did encourage me to put my crutches up out of the way, though, as you can see in one of these pics. He also did climb up on the couch to give me a hug, which was great.

I only took one additional pain pill this afternoon and my discomfort is only at about a 3-4. So I am going to wait and take either one or two right when I go to bed. I want to get off of those as soon as I can.

dry-cast pro about to be put to the test

another view of the gizmo to keep the bandage dry...
My biggest issue right now is my upper back/chest which aches from the position I am sitting in, crutching, or all of the above. All will be better soon, though, I am sure. I can already tell that the swelling is going down in my foot and wiggling my toes does not hurt at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment