Thursday, February 10, 2011

One week post-op

Well, I am definitely feeling much better than I was a week ago! I am glad to be this far down this road.

Today is the first day that I really have done no work. I finished a really good book, though! First time I have done a lot of recreational reading like that in a long time.

I had the idea that if Doug would put the dirty clothes in the laundry room, I could sort them and start a couple of loads, which I did. I find that my leg is a bit more uncomfortable today than it has been. If just feels hot and swollen and kind of sore at times. I really don't think that I have done that much more, but Doug thinks I have.

All I know is that I am going pretty stir crazy. Doug is upstairs working all day and generally after we eat, he heads down to work in the workshop for a while. I am so glad he has that and enjoys it, but this is the time of night I really wish for someone to talk to. I feel awkward calling people, though, because it's also generally the time that families get together or people who have been working get to relax. So, that is just something to deal with. Thank goodness for the internet, TV and good books!

Great friends brought dinner again and one of those friends, Ruth, came for a visit, which was fantastic.

So aside from a bit of discomfort, and a lot of stir-crazyness I am doing well. I slept fine last night after taking the pain meds, so I plan to do the same tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment