Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Around 3 weeks and counting

So, surgery is three weeks from tomorrow. Right now I am so glad that I did not plan this in January, since we are in our third day of enforced isolation due to a winter storm and resultant ice-covered roads. It would be awful to have scheduled this surgery  and planned for it only to have it postponed. And I am sure there are those out there to whom this exact thing has happened.

This time off has given me ample time to accomplish many items on my pre-surgery to-do list. I ordered a set of new tips and pads for my crutches (which I need to get back from Jennifer), a can of soothing spray for skin discomfort under casts, and a thingey to slip on over my cast so I can bathe/shower. I will let you know how that works out! I thought about also getting a leg-elevation pillow, but those are so expensive and I just don't know...but repeatedly piling and un-piling pillows seems a hassle. But what else am I gonna do?  :) I also cleaned out one of the freezers and will do the other when it's not like standing IN a freezer while working in the garage. IE, next week.

I am frankly a bit stir-crazy. We tried to go for a walk a couple of days ago, but walking on ice and in the snow seemed a bad idea. we may venture out this afternoon to run a couple of errands, though. We will see how driving the truck goes! All church activities are cancelled for tonight, so no rehearsals to plan and lead. I miss all my friends!

Oh, I did have my MRI last week on my knee. I will find out what the doc says about that at my pre-op appointment a bit later. I tried to look at them, but what do I know? MRIs are magic.

Nothing exciting, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment