Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

So, the turkey is in the oven and the only other "person" awake around here is Reese, the dog. She is awesome! Doug is all about the sleeping in! :)

I love being able to get up early and do things that need to be done. When thinking about this surgery, I get a bit anxious considering all the things I will NOT be able to do. Like, if I get up and the wireless internet needs to be reset, i will not be able to do that as it involves climbing a little step stool. Certainly won't be able to clean the house or do any cooking. Or even get my own coffee in the morning (can't carry coffee and use crutches). Well, maybe if I get a really good 'go cup with a tight lid.... :) And I keep thinking I need to train Reese to bring dirty clothes into the wash room so I could at least load the washer....

God's going to give me yet another lesson in patience and humility through this. I am thankful for my doc and for the opportunity to get this fixed. I just need to remember that and to be nice to all those people who are going to be helping me out....

Guess I will go and do some more things for lunch now. It's going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment