Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Date is set!

The surgery coordinator called yesterday and we set a date: February 3rd. And since we are doing it this far in advance, I get to be first on the schedule. I really, really hope that stays true because I HATE waiting, NPO, for something that I most certainly will be very nervous about. I know I will just want to get it over with!

I e-mailed my pastor and SPR chair to let them know the date and that after my Dec 6th doctor's appt,  I will be able to hopefully give them a better idea about how long I will be unable to work. I think leading worship will be much more problematic than leading rehearsals since I can sit down with my foot out, if not elevated above my heart, to lead rehearsals. Almost certainly have to stand, at least for a time, to lead worship. I also started gathering music to schedule out, but need the Pastor to post his sermon topics and scriptures so I know what to put where! He may need another gentle nudge! :)

Today is the day before Thanksgiving, so I will spend most of it prepping and cooking, which I love. I wish my daughter could be here to do it together, but she is very, very busy with school and lab. I get to have breakfast a bit later this morning with my son, his wife and my grandson, which will be fantastic!! And no rehearsals tonight!!! I will miss the people, but not the time and worry of getting everything together.  I am very blessed.

Guess this blog is working out more as a journal for now, which is fine. I have wanted to do this for some time! And I am trying to stay motivated to keep active and work out. Yesterday I did a good 30 minute workout on the bike and also cut the grass and worked in the yard some. Not too much more pain as a result, which is good. It's still difficult to wrap my head around the fact that I need surgery on that ankle. It just feels "funky" and annoying as opposed to very painful most of the time. But I gather that is fairly typical. I must figure out how I am going to do things like bathing and letting the dog out in the middle of the night in those weeks after surgery. Haha....that is pretty random.

Fun stuff! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment