Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wow, long time...

So, things have really, really gone well with my ankle. I am now about 41/2 months post surgery. My ankle/foot only occasionally aches a bit, but never more than a 4-6. I am wearing my lace-up brace only when doing things like walking my dog or doing yard work. Not wearing heels yet, but I have several pair of nice sandals that have only a very low wedge type heel that I can manage nicely.

I am still in physical therapy...now doing more generalized strengthening and conditioning, with attention still being paid to my ankle, which the doctor said is good. One recent development is that I have been having pain in my LEFT hip (not the side of this surgery) which radiates down my leg. That freaks me out a bit because it reminds me too much of pain associated with the spinal fusion I had a few years back. Doctor Cullen said I have some bursitis there plus the PTs have been working with that hip. I am taking a generic for Voltarin and hope it gets better. If not, back to Doctor Cullen in a couple of months and he'll see what's up.

in the meantime, I am LOVING spending time with my grandson and now can carry him around and run around with him to my heart's content!!!! I am so grateful for such a great surgical experience and recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment